STRANDS is all about what you want to read and we have such a talented community that we knew when we started STRANDS, we needed a way to feature y’all. Check out the topics we’re into about this month and see if they spark any creativity in you! Every month we’ll feature a few of our favorites to showcase on STRANDS.
How Do You Pride?
June means Pride month and we couldn’t be prouder of our community who live their authentic lives every day. Tell us what pride means to you whether that’s your coming out story, your friendships, relationships or how you express your pride. This one is super open-ended because Pride means so many things to so many people so dig deep for your entry!
Expression is Survival
We all know the mantra “Expression is Survival” but what does it really mean? How do you interpret and live it? How does it shape the way you express yourself? Give us your most existential musings on our favorite phrase.
General Submission Guidelines
- Be honest. STRANDS is a place for you to feel safe, supported and creative.
- No profanity, abuse, violent or sexually explicit content will be considered. If the only chance that you would ever post it is under a pseudonym in the darkest corners of Wattpad, then it’s probably too much for STRANDS.
- Your submission should be between 200 to 500 words. While we love a good novel (this page included!), we can’t guarantee to post anything longer than 500 words.
- You must include a photo with your submission. Your photo should be at least 900px wide and have something to do with your writing topic.
- Your photo can not include profanity, violence, abuse or sexually explicit content of any kind.
Ready to show us what you got? Send yours 👇
Take note! There are 2 ways you can send your goods: either copy and paste your writing in the “writing submission” field (remember, you’ll still need to send a picture using the file upload too) or use the file upload to send a .doc or .docx that has your writing in it.