STRANDS is all about what you want to read and we have such a talented community that we knew when we started STRANDS, we needed a way to feature y’all. Check out the topics we’re into this month(or pick your own topic!) and see if they spark any creativity in you! Every month we’ll feature a few of our favorites to showcase on STRANDS.
Becky With the Good Hair
There’s nothing we love more than hair! Show us how to get your signature ‘do, tell us about your hair routine or what coloring your hair has done for you! Don’t forget to use your fave GDY products in your look. Whether your a Semi-Permanent lover or a Poser Paste qween, this one is for you!
Draw Me Like One of Your French Girls
Are you an artist or aspiring to be one? Do you just love going to art shows? Maybe you make fan art or are a tattoo lover. What ever your chosen medium is, we want to know about it. Tell us about how you created your latest work, an artist that you follow, your first tattoo- if it’s artsy, we want to read about it! Don’t forget to send high quality pictures so we get the full experience!
“Good authors too who once knew better words, now only use four-letter words, writing prose- anything goes!” What do YOU want to write about? It can be about any topic, even ones we haven’t featured (especially ones we haven’t featured!)
Expression is Survival
We all know the mantra “Expression is Survival” but what does it really mean? How do you interpret and live it? How does it shape the way you express yourself? Give us your most existential musings on our favorite phrase.
General Submission Guidelines
- Be honest. STRANDS is a place for you to feel safe, supported and creative.
- No profanity, abuse, violent or sexually explicit content will be considered. If the only chance that you would ever post it is under a pseudonym in the darkest corners of Wattpad, then it’s probably too much for STRANDS.
- Your submission should be between 200 to 500 words. While we love a good novel (this page included!), we can’t guarantee to post anything longer than 500 words.
- You must include a photo with your submission. Your photo should be at least 900px wide and have something to do with your writing topic.
- Your photo can not include profanity, violence, abuse or sexually explicit content of any kind.
- If you include your photos in a Microsoft Word document, we can not guarantee we will accept them or your essay so please upload your photos using the file upload button!
Ready to show us what you got? Send yours 👇
Take note! There are 2 ways you can send your goods: either copy and paste your writing in the “writing submission” field (remember, you’ll still need to send a picture using the file upload too) or use the file upload to send a .doc or .docx that has your writing in it (photos will still need to be separate!).